Recoverish...

The plan called for 5 miles of recovery today so that's what I did... kept my eye on the HR, which resulted in quite a slow time after yesterday's intervals... 8:27 pace for the whole thing.

Good news is that the average HR was 141 - 8 beats slower than the average on my long runs, which happens to be the prescribed difference for HR in recovery as compared to long runs in the book The Cutting Edge Runner, which I highly recommend.

As I use all the mathematical crutches offered - HR monitors, VDOT charts, etc... I'm and more amazed at how much the math usually does make sense.

Tomorrow will be challenging -- a tempo run and truth is, I've been doing my tempos a bit slower than I should according to the geek charts. Gonna try and bump it a notch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say