Off to the Races....

In the comments in the previous post, Maggie mentioned something I don't think I officially mentioned: I'm racing this weekend.

My shin recovery has gone unbelievably well and I've had no pain in more than a week. I've also been a good boy, alternating between running and cycling workouts. I had a nice long nine miler last weekend, and a tempo effort on the trails earlier this week.

This weekend, I return to the Ugly Mudder, one of the largest trail races East of the Mississippi. Last year, it was my first trail race, and it was amazing. 3 inches of ice for more than 7 miles. Literally insane. The good news is that there won't be 3 inches of ice this weekend, so a course PR is pretty much assured.

Next Friday is the World Media Run. At last check, we had nearly fifty runners ready to race in Miami (Yay!) and only a handful of virtual runners registered (Boo!). C'mon people, what are you waiting for? The shirts shipped yesterday and my sales rep at the shirt company gushed that they're *gorgeous*, simply *gorgeous.*. So c'mon people, make it happen.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:59 PM

    Speaking of...where the hell is my shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to submit my entry for the race on active.com, but haven't seen an email confirming it yet. I'm jealous you guys will get to run in some nice warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see these shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirts are enroute, arriving today - Monday at the latest.

    Bill - I got an email from Active w/ your payment, so you're in, man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Have fun and race well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops...hope I didn't blow anything...:-/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say