Wherever You Are, Be There.....

Zig Ziglar is a famous sales trainer who knows very little about triathlon training. At least, that's my assumption, given the fact that he never wrote a book about triathlons. (I think he may actually be a runner, but it's been a few years since I've read him.)

Anywho, Zig believes that one of the secrets to work-life balance is, "Wherever you are, be there," which means if you're at work, don't be taking lots of personal calls, worrying about the kids, etc. And when you're at home, put away the damn Blackberry.

I've tweaked Zig's mantra and applied it to working out in the past week and a half. Now I say, "Whatever the workout is supposed to do, do it." So I'm doing the hard stuff harder and the easy stuff easier. Before, I'd say virtually everything I was doing was tempo pace. I was feeling a little sore all the time. Now, I feel different. Call it: strategically sore.

I've also moved my key ride and key run four days apart from each other to allow for this. Last night was the night that coach Troy kicked my butt in the basement, and this week's hard tempo run was way back on Monday. While I still hate coach Troy, it was a fine workout, all in all.

Diabetic-wise, when I went on the trainer, my blood sugar was 283. A bit higher than I like to be when I start workouts, but I knew it would be lower after Troy had at me, and it was. I finished the workout at 68. Kept the insulin pump on during the workout, which I generally don't do, either.

Easy 10k run scheduled over lunch today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say