For Your Viewing Pleasure....

Anne and her pals at Triabetes have a nice video out... almost makes me want to swim again. Almost. Check it out here.

As I write this, I have a new Garmin 405 dangling from my wrist... It's all charged up, set up and ready to roll. Alas, I'm about 3 hours from my lunchtime run, after which I'll post a mini-review.

Early thoughts:

1) I'm glad I have girly wrists. It fits me perfectly - and I think it will fit most twiggy runner wrists. But not water polo wrists.
2) The navigation is easy - not super easy - but easy. But it took me a while to get used to the 305, too.
3) It found a satellite indoors in about 20 seconds... around these parts, my 305 used to take about a minute outdoors.
4) It's small enough to get away with wearing a watch, though barely. It's the same width as my Timex, but the face is twice as thick. Chunkier, but not overly so.
5) I was able to buy the one for $300 (without the HR). However, it's the same unit as the one w/ HR (just without the HR strap). I can partner it up with my 305 strap if I feel like doing HR training (unlikely, but good to know).
6) No Mac support as of yet, so I'll be uploading my data from my PC at home (I use a Mac at work).
7) Diabetic runner, Ryan, stopped by the blog last night and talked about his 405. Read his review here.

I'm monster glad it's Friday. I am t-i-r-e-d. :)

Comments

  1. Congrat's on getting the 405! Enjoy! And thanks for the shout-out. I swam in the Bay this morning for over an hour, and survived. Yay! Swimming is not so bad after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH AAAAAH, 405 goodness.... It's like you guys are reaching out and spending my money for me... holding on to cash tightly, but feel Garmin (via these bloggers) slowly tugging it out of my hands...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say