Well, the Begging Worked...

Over the past week, I've sounded like Ebeneezer Scrooge begging to the ghost of Christmas Future to let him live. In my case, though, I've been Stresseneezer Shins praying to the ghost of Running Future. And like Ebeneezer, I feared this particular spirit the most. I dreamed of him stealing my season, my fitness and my sanity, all in one swift kick to my tibia.

But like a redeemed Scrooge, I woke up to a new day today. Three + miles over lunch, very little tenderness during the run, tiny bit after. Four Vitamin I's and and 1 icepack later, everything's still cool.

God bless us, everyone.

Like Ebeneezer, I'm going to be good now. No running tomorrow (back on the bike), only four miles or so on Saturday, no running on Sunday.

I will be better, oh spirit, I will. :)

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:13 PM

    Good work. My shins really responded to ice and rest last year when I was having crazy shin problems. Glad to hear yours are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Hi Marcus! It is good to know you and your shins are doing well. Just wanted to stop by and say howdy.

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Woohoo! Glad to hear that you're healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, i haven't been here in a while. sorry to hear you were injured, but happy to hear that it sounds like you are on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all - yes, it was scary for a while.

    Shawna! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.