Run the World, Baby - the Whole World!

Or, at least 3.1 miles of it.

So here's the deal: The company I work for has runners. A lot of runners. Well, percentage-wise, a lot of runners, and so we decided to do something running related. We - along with Runner's World, the Wise Group and FOLIO: Publishing Summit are sponsoring a virtual 5k.

What's a virtual 5k? Well, you can run it wherever you want. On a track, on the road. Heck, run around your house 300 times, so long as you can map the mileage.

Then what? Submit your time online at http://www.worldmediarun.com and see how you rate against other runners.

What's with the media thing? We're a media company. We sell to media companies. (It was a way to get our bosses to underwrite this thing.) If you're not in the media, you're still more than welcome. I could pull out the soapbox and explain how if you've ever written or commented on a blog you are the media, but I'll save it for later. Trust me: you're welcome to run.

When? Anytime from 2/22-2/24.

Why then? There will be one large-ish group running. Those gathered at the FOLIO Publishing Summit will run Friday @ 7am in Miami. Everyone else can run any time else during that three day window.

How much? $25 bucks - register at Active. You get a super sweet tech shirt - blue with WMR logo on the front and no sponsor logos muddying up the back. Also, all profits go to Special Olympics.

Cool, I'm in. I hoped you'd say that. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say