My Poor Thyroid Never Had a Chance....

A few years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and went through a several-months long process of finding the right dosage of medicine. Frankly, I found it more difficult than managing diabetes because it would take days or weeks to know if my dosage was right.

At the time, I learned that diabetics are more prone to thyroid problems. But was it only diabetes? A new study indicates that intense running could also lead to thyroid problems. (Thanks to The Final Sprint for the heads-up on this one.)

The study says athletes doing more than 50 miles per week are most at risk. I wasn't running at all during my thyroid problem period, but through high school and college trained at that level (or higher) for several years.

At any rate, all that's required to defeat thyroid problems is patience... hang in there and you'll get the dosage right. Eventually.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    I feel your pain. I have struggled with hypothryroidism for about 12 years and been up and down trying to get the meds right. Good news - when it is right you can't believe how good you feel again.
    Good luck with your training!
    Hope you and dogs are surviving the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.