The Recovery Week...



I wasn't sure how long I'd need to recover from last Saturday's half-marathon. On one hand, most reports recommend you take two weeks off running after a full marathon and this was only a half. On the other hand, I've only been doing this for three months, so it's not like I'm in *prime* shape.

But other than all the hands was the matter of the foot - the same foot I madly iced in the two days before the race.

Five days after the race, it's still quite sore and informed me during a one mile test run last night that the recovery process isn't over.

The good news is everything else feels great.

Here's hoping another week does it good - I have two upcoming trips to places that would be great to run in, and I'd prefer to do that, rather than hang out on the hotel exercise bikes when I'm there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say