It's Too Hard To Type With All This Money in My Hands.

From Fast Company:


Next year, money will matter more than ever to marketers -- the money held by consumers, that is. According to a new report from Forrester Research, targeting the affluent and what it calls "mass affluent" -- those with $100,000 to $1 million in investable assets -- will be the focus of marketing efforts in 2006.

Forrester says key trends within this demographic include:


Online bill-paying generally grows with affluence and declines with age

Unlike most other online activities, the use of instant messaging drops as wealth increases

The largest percentage of self-directed investors can be found among affluent 40- to 54-year-olds (32%)

Broadband Internet access increases with assets and declines with age.


So, the wealthier you are, the less likely you are to IM. I find this interesting and not very surprising. I used to IM. Used to IM alot, in fact. But of all the ways I've frittered away time on the Internet, none was as big a time waste as IM. In fact, now we actually have IM here at the office and I don't even turn it on.

Uh, that being said, I'm still not rich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.