Back in the Groove....

As we head into week 2 of the Marathon Plan, things seem firmly back on track.

Rather than a 3+rest+2 as planned last week, I did five days in a row, with no problems. This week, my schedule will probably require a 4+rest+1, which will be easier and the long run only goes to 11 miles. My pace is also fairly close to pre-injury speeds, too.

More than anything, I'm comforted with a really light travel schedule over the next few months. I'm speaking on one panel in NYC, which will be a day trip, and aside from that, my only travels are for fun, not for business. Moreover, the kids will be out of school soon, too, so I start work earlier in the day and get every other Friday off for summer hours. All in all, I'm heading into a season with ample opportunity to get fit and fast.

RE: Dexcom, hmmmmm, my first impression of the company isn't super ideal. When the rep took my info last week, he told me the next thing that would happen would be his assistant would contact me for more info, but he warned me to "call if it went longer than a week." Keep in mind - this isn't for an ANSWER: this is to get in the game. It's been six days and all I've heard is cricket, cricket. But tomorrow I'll shake the tree of commerce and see what falls out.

Over the past 48 hours, I've seen Star Trek and rented Taken. I'm giving the first 3 stars and the last 1, which is interesting only because before I saw them I would've predicted the opposite.

Comments

  1. Taken was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. I actually started laughing in the theatre the 3rd time Liam used a "bad guy" as a human shield then used that guy's gun to kill more bad guys. Maybe it's that I see him as Schindler and don't think it's possible for him to be such a badass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say