Market to Diabetics, Sure - But Market to Insurance Companies First...

Interesting article in the LA Times about the dLife television show and why some companies are flocking to market to diabetics and how some people think that's a bad thing.

I've got no problem with companies buying ad space on dLife or marketing to me anyway they want to. Here's the thing: they should first start by marketing to my insurance company.

Guess which insulin pump I wear? The only one my insurance company would pay for. Wonder which blood sugar meter I use? The one the same company pays a huge chunk towards the strips for.

It's cool to run tv ads for your products but if your audience ain't allowed to buy them, what's the point? Keep in mind, I happen to have very good insurance, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.