And on the 8th day, he rested.....

I have a personal gripe: workout logs that include blog posts about rest days. Really, does it much matter when people aren't doing something? Isn't this the antithesis of news?

And yet - here I am, telling you that today, I'm doing nothing requiring copious exertion.

Looking at the log, I see I've worked out seven days in a row, which is my longest string to date. Truth is, I'm not feeling that bad, but I've noticed that recovery at 35 is considerably different than recovery at 22, so I think 7 days is long enough.

Yesterday was a nice 10k in 51 minutes, which sounds like it should've been an *easy* run, but the three monster hills in it made it a tempo-effort workout.

Weight loss seems to have stopped, which is fine. I never started this to lose weight and before I started would've told you that losing five pounds would've been cool. I've lost ten now but people that know me think it's much more - likely a realignment of parts and stuff.

One interesting change - exercising daily instead of every other day has forced me to turn the basal rate on the insulin pump way down. Less insulin often leads to less weight, but again - I don't really mind if it does or doesn't.

I also have my follow up appt with my podiatrist today. I've been in my orthotics for two weeks now, and they just rock. No knee pain - better alignment - very cool. If you're in Central PA, and you need orthotics, check out Doc. Henderson. She rules. But don't fill out the web form. She never checks it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.