Satellite Watching

One of the things I enjoy about Christmas is the unexpected frivolous gift you love but likely wouldn't spoil yourself with. My hands-down best-gift-received that cost the giver too much money but which I'm devouring this year: My Delphi XM2go receiver with XM satellite radio.

Much to the chagrin of my family, I've scarcely been untethered from the device since I received it. Kudos to XM, as well: set-up was astonishingly easy and with 180 stations to choose from, you can always find something commercial free to enjoy. And when baseball season starts, I'll love it that much more.

A couple points:

It's hard to predict if Satellite will win the war of radio, so I'm going month-to-month on this one. Too many long-term contracts with crappy cell-phone providers I can't stand have taught me that lesson.

One of the few complaints I've had about the Delphi device is that satellite radio could be crazy powerful if bundled with an mp3 player and if my subscription could be shuttled from device to device. Yet, after this week, it appears both of those dreams will be reality within the next few months.

What a great time to be alive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.