Let Me Boot Up My Book

USA Today takes a look at the next generation of e-book devices.

I actually remember the first generation of e-book devices, as one of the "players to watch" was Everybook, out of nearby Middletown, PA. (The reason, of course, there is no link to Everybook is because - like the other gen one players in the game - they're long gone.)

I met the people at Everybook back then - this was around '97 or '98 as I recall. They had all the excitement of the dot com companies, but I remember being troubled that despite their excitement for the product, they didn't actually have a product to show me.

Seven years later, let's hope the devices are as good as the dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.