Dusting Off the Blogshelf

When last before we were so rudely interrupted....

1) My injury was followed by a week's worth of meetings and culminated in an overseas trip to France & the UK. Because this isn't a travel blog, I'll cut to the chase: my spring marathon season is officially over.

Now mostly mended (aside from a nasty bug I picked up during an otherwise wonderful trip), I've just started Day 1, Week 1 of Hal Higdon Intermediate II, culminating in the Allentown Marathon in mid-September. Nothing says you're early in the marathon plan like a three mile run, which is what the plan had me do over lunch.

2) While in the UK, I was fortunate enough to do the London Tower Jog --- 10-12 (who's counting?) laps around the moat of the Tower of London. This being the UK (or being a jog?), they didn't count my laps, or my time or the people I beat. But I did get a t-shirt and a finisher's medal, so who am I to complain?

3) Thank you muchly for all of the CGM advice. I have decided to move forward with....... DexCom! Reasons for my decision:
a. I'm a contrarian.
b. The sensor is smaller.
c. When my Medtronic pump warranty ends next year, I hope to move to an Animas pump
d. If C doesn't come to pass, I'll go with a new Medtronic pump and since the Dex warranty will be out by then, I could move to Medtronic CGM
e. I don't hate Medtronic, but I don't love them as much as I used to. I think it's time we saw other people. It took Medtronic six months to fix the billing error they were responsible for, during which time they (temporarily) put my account on hold. When you're a guy who pays his bills, that tends to piss you off. And for better or worse, I hold grudges.

4) During the next few weeks, I'll be dealing w/ my insurance and DexCom, though I'm hoping a lot of my research has me set up for a decent process. And if I have time, I'll talk about it here.

So..... that's that. I feel as if I'm over a really tough period in terms of work and injury and such. I'm a little out of shape from what I'm used to, but also feel like I've now got the time to get back on the track. So, choo-friggin'-choo.

Comments

  1. Marcus, Not to throw a wrench in things. But I recently talked to a Doctor who has Diabetes(whom Diabetic Queen mentioned in her blog)at a meeting in Dayton, OH. At the time he was wearing the Navigator and CGMS by Medtronic. He has worn all 3 for extended periods of time, he said that the Navigator is by far and away the best. He wears a Medtronic Pump. Just another note, he has run 6 marathons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Ryan. I keep up on Team Type 1 and was very excited to check out the Navigator, but I definitely don't like the look of the sensor. Also, there's this: http://tinyurl.com/c5vjw8 So while the Nav. was high on my list at the outset, I was comfortable ruling it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say