Gratitude Post - Things I'm Grateful For About Running

Been a while since I've posted here, though all's well. Had a nice trip to Europe last month and in between it's all work, work, run. Work, work, run.

Marathon training under the tutelage of my coach has gone very well. Not flawless, as I my shin can be a whiny baby when the speedwork ramps up and I just got over a nasty cold, but very good. I'm running similar times for my key workouts that I did 3 years ago when I PR'd with a 3:18, but am doing it on higher volume. Not to mention, I'm older now, so I "only" need a 3:20 to get to Boston. So there's that.

At any rate, I feel like doing a gratitude post: Things About Running I'm Grateful For:

1.) My Zensah calf sleeves. I wear them a lot. It's like a snuggy for the knees-down. I need to either order a new pair, or try out similar stuff from 2XU or CEP Compression.

2.) The quiet in my head after long runs.

3.) Runner's World Magazine. Even though I most skim the how-to articles because I run to my own drummer, I love the feature stories. This month's on Scott Jurek is awesome, but truth be told, I feel that way about their feature stories pretty much any month.

4.) My coach, Missy Foy. I haven't been coached since college, and it's been a great experience for me. Most notably, it makes me tougher on the key workouts as I think about how much I don't want to e-mail her crappy times, so I push it harder.

5.) My Garmin. I can't say I love it all the time. I took a Garmin break in Europe and enjoyed it, but it's a simple way to know how you're doing when you want to know how you're doing.

6.) Rest days. I don't really like running, but I really like having run. A rest day is the pinnacle of that achievement.

7.) Endurox. I get sick of most of the drinks, gels, etc, but not Endurox. It tastes like a job well done, to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

Sh*t Diabetics Say

The gun in my basement.