Next Up - Jingle Bell 5k

Final race of the season for me is a Jingle Bell 5k the weekend after next. Random facts:

I ran this race in 22:37 last year, but was only running about two days a week then. I was also biking 1-2 days a week as I was beginning to prepare for my spring triathlon.

My goal is sub 20, with a stretch goal of 19:30. I did a 20:11 several weeks ago that wasn't an all-out effort. The good news is that this course is much faster. The bad news is I haven't run fast since the marathon. The good news is I have been running a decent amount - all on trails, all easy. Not sure how that will play into the intensity required for a 5k.

I'm going to try and go out at 6:15/mile and hold it as long as possible.

I bought a pair of racing flats which will be making their debut at this race.

This is really my last decent VO test for a few months. My race calendar for Jan/Feb will likely consist of mostly trail races.

My employer is a big sponser of this race and we will have 12 people on our team. Woohoo! Go Nxtbook.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:03 AM

    Good luck. Be interesting to see you do that.

    I will most likely be walking at that point so I am shooting for a sub 45 minute time with a stretch of 42 minutes if I feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll do really well.

    I'll be running the Jingle Bell 5K as well tomorrow, but I don't have any high expectations. I've been logging some miles, but the cold has really seemed to slow me down. Either way, it should be a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy D-Blog Day, Uh, I Guess...

The gun in my basement.

Sh*t Diabetics Say